Jan 01 (1)

DAY #162

Hello.
I'm going to write something now. You might enjoy it. You might hate me for it. You will probably be impartial to it.
Let me start off by saying IT'S THE APOCALYPSE. THERE ARE ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE. WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE.
Excellent. Now that everybody is on the same page, let me point out a few basic manners.
Although it's a pretty big jump from armageddon to etiquette, I think it needs to be said.
Really, honestly I do. The outbreak has killed 90% of the world's population... Now would be a good time to re-establish some fundamentals.
Now, where should I start... Ah yes, holding doors open for other survivors.
The act of holding a door used to be a polite way of helping another person with their day. Saving them the effort of opening it themselves.
Of course, in this day and age, the act will usually involve holding a door open for a survivor running away from the horde.
But the fact remains. Holding a door open for another survivor is a very kind thing to do. What next...
Everybody say please and thank you. No, I am not being patronising. This rule is important.
God damn, the amount of times a trigger-happy so-called 'comedy' power-survivor has used this old chestnut to burn through some lead.
Reconstruction: "I'll do anything... Just... Don't shoot me..." BAM! "Boss, why did you shoot him?" "Bitch didn't say please."
Alright, it's not exactly a common scenario, but for the amount of breath it takes, it certainly can't hurt to be nice.
Cool, so, we've got numbers 1 and 2... Number 3 can be... Respect what other people do for you.
I mean, if somebody distracts the undead so you can escape, he or she has just saved your life! Be a little grateful!
Or if a fellow survivor gives you a gun to fend off the horde. That's really nice! Don't turn it down trying to be a hero!
Um, one more example... If someone made a fully working teleporter, just for you, it would be very cruel to turn it down...
Sorry. I'm still not over that teleporter thing. And I doubt I will be for a very long time. Sorry, and goodnight.
REMAIN INDOORS