Jan 01 (1)

DAY #292

Holy shit next week's blog is going to tie in well.
In other news, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... *breathes*... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Oh my fucking god!
No.
I'm sorry, but no.
Come on guys. Seriously? Fucking VAMPIRES? ...SERIOUSLY?!
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but surely we've got to draw the line somewhere! I mean... WHAT is the appeal?
So, they drink blood and live forever... Yeah... OK... And they'll die if they go into sunlight, or have a stake through the heart...
Erm... Pretty fucking random so far (that's not always a bad thing), but please, go on...
Every vampire has like super-strength, they bite people to 'convert' them, they can fly(?) and they're scared of garlic...
I'm sorry, but what the fuck is this shit? Am I meant to be scared or interested or what?
Nope. I just can't see it.
Guys, I'm sorry, but your preferred monster does not appeal to me IN THE SLIGHTEST. I COULDN'T GIVE A SHIT.
You know what? That's not 100% true. I did quite enjoy Daybreakers. But that was probably because it wasn't very 'vampiry'.
OK, so... What's so good about them? They're immortal? Why not just have immortal people? Captain Jack Harkness, for example.
Um, so... They drink blood? Weird, but they're not really threatening, because if they drink your blood, YOU BECOME IMMORTAL.
They might drink all your blood, or like, kill you with their super-strength, but that's far from BEING EATEN ALIVE.
Or is it that they don't go out in sunlight? Is that what makes them so fascinating? Because the same is true for fucking OWLS.
Damn... I am getting way too worked up about this... I mean, it's not like they exist. That would be stupid. But let me rant, yeah?
And another thing... What's with all the love and the romance and ultimately the sex? What's that bullshit about?
You want to explore the universe in which the sexy, thousand-year-old bloodsucker falls in love with / fucks his victims?
And I'm the weird one? Because I don't care if Mr. Dracula stereotype makes his choice between kiss, bite or impregnate?
Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe I'll finally get it if I ever fall in 'love' or at least MAKE love. Maybe they're way better than zombies.
Yet I still won't be living in fear of a MOTHERFUCKING VAMPIRE APOCALYPSE!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
REMAIN INDOORS