Jan 01 (1)

DAY #11

Hi.
It's me.
Isn't it weird that the zombies hardly ever eat each other? I mean, sometimes if one gets literally decapitated, the rest might go vulture on it and have a nibble, but why don't they actually attack each other? Are these animalistic carcasses in cahoots or something? A kind of telepathic 'don't eat me, I'm like you' policy? As far as I know, which as it turns out isn't that far, meat is meat is meat. Is meat.
To all those dastardly coffin escapees, humans are just lunch on legs. We're made of flesh, and that's their fave...
But then so are they! In fact, they're easier to catch. Some of them don't even have legs. Crawlers, we call them. What's stopping ol' braindead here scoffing down a fellow infected? Disgust? Basic instinct? They can't climb ladders but they can discern whether stale muscle tissue would give them undead indigestion? Or, hehe, 'undeadgestion'.
I might place food safety evaluation functions of the rotting brain as one of the first things to go. Yet they just don't feed on each other. Why is that?
Now, this may upset a few of my nonexistant peers, but I am of the opinion that love is no longer relevant to humans. Rub your eyes, you read that right. There is no need for it, and, we don't really deserve it...
Okay, okay, maternal and paternal love are still valuable. For examble, if my parents had used me as bait 19 years ago, you wouldn't be reading this... Unless as a zom-baby, I developed both the ability to type and gained sentience. Well, I would argue that love between siblings is both unconditional and can actually be useful at times. Like in gunfights. So that's alright...
I think ROMANTIC love is unnecessary.
As soon as patient zero had his first chomp of human being, the world forfeited this emotion, and it was replaced by a feeling that I can only describe as:
Compulsory individual preservation, mutual survival recognition and mankind continuation responsibility.
Or, to put it bluntly, "I'll kill you if I have to, but well done for lasting this long... wanna have sex?".
The times have irreversibly changed. Romeo and Juliet would be hopeless during the outbreak. They'd probably be too busy writing love letters or gazing into each other's eyes to notice that the rest of the Capulets and Montagues had developed overpowering grey matter munchies. All this swearing eternal love is of no real benefit to anyone.
If you think you're in love and you take offense to this, I'm sorry, but so far, my life on this godforsaken rock hasn't thrown up any 'happy miracles'... it's just thrown up.
I don't get out much.
It's for my own good.
REMAIN INDOORS