Jan 01 (1)

DAY #305

Hello everybody, which these days is a catch-all greeting for survivors with bodies and zombies with bodies. So everything.
I'm going to be 20 years old tomorrow. Twenty. Two zero. Twen-ty. Twenty years old...
TWENTY.
Every time I say it, it sounds worse. Like, I don't feel 20. I don't feel like I deserve to be 20. I'm like 12 at heart.
Essentially, I'm not old enough to be 20.
Now I know it sounds weird when you put it like that, but to me, it makes sense. You need a certain amount of experience to age.
Alright, that could be because I've played way too many RPGs in my life, and I'm not used to numbers increasing in regular intervals...
Growing up... It seems like I should earn something like that. Perhaps, go to X parties, or kiss Y girls, but I've not done anything!
Except of course surviving the earth-destroying zombie apocalypse for two decades. That's pretty good I guess...
Really though, I'm probably the least twenty-years-old person you could possibly imagine. I'm like a child.
Now I know I promised myself (after reading another survivor's verge of year 20 blog) that I wouldn't be like this.
Oh, Murray, you're too cool to worry about your age, I told myself. You should be happy to turn twenty when your time comes...
My god I didn't know it would be this terrifying.
Only about 50 minutes time, and I will never be a teenager again. NEVER. That's a whole chapter of my life... Over!
Reaching a big multiple of ten like this makes me wonder... If I could tell myself one thing when I was 12, what would it be?
Enjoy your eight years! It'll be gone before you even knew you'd started it!
:)
So... Here we go... Murray Maynard becomes twenty... See you on the other side! ;)
REMAIN INDOORS